Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summertime. . . and the livings easy

Well, maybe in comparison to the wintertime, when going outside isn't exactly possible. I don't know that I would say EASY. I've been really busy working, and taking a superfun economics class, and climbing. But there are house things happening as well. The kitchen will be done this summer. I am foretelling it.

First, we couldn't work on the kitchen because we had to finish the new chicken coop. It looks like a little house which is why I'm posting it here. I think Jeff is getting really good at building things! I painted :)

the bottom of this thing will be open so the chickens will have an extra 16 sq ft. underneath.


red door




exclusive view of the inside. it will never be this clean again.



So this is the first cabinet installed in my new kitchen. It's not much, I know.




And this is what's going on now.

Maybe you would like a reminder of what it used to look like:


The fixing the electrical and the gas lines in the kitchen was only made possible by the help of jeff's brother-in-law and dad. So now I'm just waiting for IKEA to get my countertop in stock, and the ugly backsplash portion is going to get tiled. By me, ha ha. I hate tiling. I have learned from my mistakes though and will be using bigger tiles this time! The flooring is this weird black and white laminate from IKEA and we can do that in a day.

So maybe the next post will be really exciting!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your chicken coop is incredible!! And the kitchen is looking so awesome!! Hopefully I can come see it in person soon :)

    We have a new blog... thegenovesefamily.blogspot.com. I blogged about our renovations last week, but just the top floor. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post the blog about the basement today!

    Are you going to Bright Eyes next week?

    P.S. Sorry this is such a long comment... I don't have your email address!

    ReplyDelete