Thursday, May 20, 2010

Toilet Trauma

Here are some updated pics of the shower.


the shelf is now complete. do you think it's weird?



Just an update of what I look like.



Here we are installing the new floor. It is the dark wood laminate from ikea and it really could not be easier. Seriously.



It's all coming together! Now we just have to remove the toilet to finish the floor.....




Oh my good gracious nooooooo!!!!!! Turns out the toilet has been leaking, probably for quite some time. On the bright side, I have located the weird smell in my house.



It is truly heinous.



So we stripped everything down and let it dry out. Once it dries, we'll put a coat of polyurethane over it, and the bathroom renovation can resume.

In the meantime,

I'm out a toilet.



So I have been frequenting the local gas stations a bit more than usual.





And I'm writing a little song called "Fixing Other People's Mistakes".







It's blues-y.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an improvement! Love it all, except the toilet of course...sick. You are awesome for doing things yourself! I could not....and I also love that your front door is red. I always wanted a red front door for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toilet is sick. At least now you can shower in your own house, and not at the gym. Maybe someday you will be able to use your own toilet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a nightmare. I do not like this type of challenge. It makes me stressed out. It is admirable that apparently you do! I'm glad to be completly done with my house, although also sad because "I love that house, it is so cute"...it really is...too bad I couldn't make it as cute as it should of been. I learned a lot about myself though by owning 26 N 800 W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, that is great. I want to come and see this house! I am coming. Yes, I am.

    ReplyDelete