Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bathroom - Tile Prep

the time has come for the bathroom renovation. I knew it would be the hardest so I wanted to get it done while I have some motivation left. the week was spent prepping the shower walls which first required the stripping of wallpaper and old weird plastic tile.


the cut out is actually an old window that was covered up when the addition to the back of the house was done. I had a great idea of using the existing frame as a built-in shelf for the shower. I think I might love it.


the existing wall where the faucet sits was completely rotted out and moldy. Gross. So we had to tear it out and re-sheetrock. Actually, jeff did pretty much everything you see here. I was mostly making dinner instead. I thought I lucked out on that deal.



exposed pipes and studs. cool, we are really doing it!! I'm a grown-up!


new sheetrock. also new faucets and pipes(?). we ran a pipe up to the top of the wall so I can actually have a shower.


most of the wallpaper is gone. it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. but, again, jeff did most of it. you can see the new frame for the shelf. I liked how the wood part looked so I decided to keep it instead of tiling over it. we'll see how that goes.




backerboard is up. this part really was awful because of course the walls aren't straight. already a huge improvement! I kinda wanted to stop here...


last weekend I also painted the front door red and removed the screen door. the door took 4 coats of paint and needs one more. what a pain! but I think it helped the outside a lot. spring also helps the outside a lot.

well, on to tiling! I think it's going to be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Looking awesome Meadow!!

    I don't think I have your email address anymore, but I wanted to tell you about my new favorite blog (besides yours, of course :) I think you'd really like it... http://www.remodelaholic.com/

    ReplyDelete