Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Step 1. Take Cabinets Out

The kitchen is a daunting project. It is the project I was most looking forward to, but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. As you view these pictures, keep in mind that many hours of plumbing work (by jeff) and electrical work (compliments of Mr. Redneck-who-needs-to-use-my-bathroom-and-borrow-supplies and his sidekick homeless-strung-out man) have been endured, and you can't even see that work!





The sink has already been moved to its new home. Base cabinets out.





Do you see that brown thing up at the top? Whose original purpose was perhaps decorative, but in reality only succeeds in making the kitchen appear smaller and darker - yeah, that thing? So behind it is dead space. It's basically a box. We ripped it down and heard a thump.

Something had come flying out of it.

Something mysterious.

Wrapped in old newspaper.......

I was so excited to maybe find an old journal of a former occupant of my house, who will hopefully be a teenage girl!







Except it was only a Bible.



Still awesome. Must be from the 70's. Based on the decor from which it was sprung.




So that is that. Still a really cramped dark kitchen. And the walls are in horrible condition. So I guess we will definitely be covering them. . . .




And these dogs are no help at all. In fact, I would not be stretching to say they are a hindrance.

Yes. That is how you spell hindrance. Surprised?

I was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment