Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Refinishing floors/Painting

Hooray, it's me! Welcome to the first renovation post. I have now owned the house for three weeks and I think that we are making some quantifiable progress. Even better, I now know how to refinish hardwood floors.


This is Jeff. He's doing a lot of work free of charge.


Remember, this is the master bedroom before.



Wow so green! What was I thinking? This is only the first coat, it gets better.
(don't know what those spots are incidentally)



Pretty sunset outside! Not so pretty inside.


The initial sanding of the floors. We rented this from home depot and Jeff did most of the work.


So it turns out that refinishing floors requires a lot of vacuuming.


Putting a coat of varnish on the floor. I decided to go with the risky choice of a matte finish and no stain because I love the look of the natural floor. I wish I also would have chosen a flat paint not a semi-gloss but oh well, maybe next remodel.

1 comment:

  1. So excited you bought a house! AND got into nursing school! Congrats!! Renovation #1 looks great! I like the natural floor look too!

    ReplyDelete