Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Canadian Couch


There are quite a few canadian staples that I enjoy, one of those being the furniture company EQ3. Pictured below is the couch of my dreams. I was fully willing to purchase this couch but they are no longer shipping to the U.S.

Behold, y'all, the Byrd Sofa. Isn't it delicious?

So I have compromised with this sad looking thing below:



It is also by EQ3 but lacks the mid century style of the Byrd sofa.


It is, however, much much better than 99% percent of the used
couches up for sale in the past few months.



The other very exciting progression is that the popcorn ceiling is gone! I ended up paying someone to do it (you know the price was right since I am super cheap) but I still had to prime and put 2 coats of paint on the new ceiling which is much harder for me than for a regular-sized person. (what's that you say? I need my own reality show on TLC?)

I thought I'd show you what my bedroom is doing right now, since nothing else is happening. It is pretty much finished!


this green looks totally ugly in pictures, but more of a jade color in reality.




Hurrah for spring!



floors look awesome, right?



nothing special about the closet except for the fact that it is twice as big as my last one. look at the space between clothes!



Kind of quaint.


I just realized that I didn't get any baseboards in these pictures...they are magnificent actually, but maybe next time!

4 comments:

  1. I just saw it in real life--its looking good. I wished I had looked in the bedroom this time though. Tai loved the zoo and I love this spring time tradition (even more so when I didn't go this year):) Thanks a billion. Tai sure does love her aunt. I hope you got a picture of her holding Jeff's hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in the love with the green paint! looking good meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love your room. It looks awesome! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for this house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you room! So cute! Looks so relaxing...Miss you! Can't wait to see you so soon!

    ReplyDelete